Company Purpose & Mission
Company Paradiso (CP)’s guiding purpose is to work creatively with people to enable them to tell their stories. CP does this through participatory arts projects, which include mentoring programmes for individuals and group workshops in poetry, storytelling, performance skills, comedy and mixed media.
A participant on the 'Ballads of Reading Gaol' project reads poems at a Thames Valley Partnership Conference, 2010
The Company’s AIMS are to:
- Work in partnership with community and statutory organisations to address social issues through creativity
- Encourage creativity in participants to contribute to personal growth
- Support the creative development of artists to widen practice and raise excellence
- Be an expert and principled broadcast partner, following our Company Values
The Company’s VALUES are to:
- Use creativity in an inclusive and developmental way for positive change
- Respect the identity of people and their stories, remaining authentic and avoiding sensationalism (see Child Protection
- Policy and Equal Opportunities Policy)
- Keep Company administration and core costs to a minimum in order to direct resources towards artists and creativity
- Follow a Green Policy where activities have a low environmental impact
ACCESS FOR ALL
CP is committed to working inclusively for the benefit of the whole community, following its Access and Equal Opportunities Policy. We:
- ensure the widest possible participation in Company workshops and activities by, almost without exception, not charging participants
- remain open and transparent
- observe equal opportunities practice in recruitment and employment (our artists are recruited through an open process, which includes advertising on sites such as Arts Jobs South East and New Writing South, and a process of application and interview).
- work in areas and with organisations where Arts provision is low.
CP Board member Mark Todd is an Access Officer, formerly with Manchester City Council and now with the 2012 Olympics. He is trained in access issues, and he monitors and strengthens the Company’s achievement with regard to access issues